We've Moved

You can find these posts and more exciting beauty news at
the new & improved, BeautyBuffet.com

My Headlines

Thursday, November 15, 2007

In the Brush

Brushes, combs and other styling utensils contribute their share of split-ends. Depending on the texture of your hair, different brushes work with certain hair types. Hybrid bristles brushes work smart on normal or even thick short hair. Thick to coarse hair calls for a nylon bristle brush. Because they apply excessive stress to the hair, wooden and metal combs are a no-no. As for a brush for all discerning hair types, the Mason Pearson, Popular Mixture, $135 keeps those split ends at bay. Budget hairistas can enjoy the same benfits, sans the price with Sonia Kaushka's, Bristle Hair Brush, $14.99. I recently purchased two, one for each of my girls "princess" brushes (story to follow) and dare I say, these are a very, very close second. If you are thinking about getting one, hurry, the website is already sold out, but your local Target store may still have one or two lingering.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Whoa. That brush looks cool but I don't know if I could throw down over 100 bucks for a brush. It would have to take me into the next few lifetimes...

Anonymous said...

I agree, but I'm def going to try the Sonia Kashuk one.

Anonymous said...

Bummer! The stores in my area are sold out. Anyone want to send one my way?